Monday, August 19, 2013

Ludum Dare #27

PolishRAD team

no.27

This year I've made a prommise to myself that I'll take a part in Ludum dare. An oportunity arised when I've started looking for coders. Initially it was suppose to be 4 coders 3 3d artists. The 3d artist count stayed unchanged, but the squad changed, unfortunetley there are only 3 coders now.

But to the point. With my frien Michax from animuj.com we've tried to warmup with unity3d - the expirience was very pleasant. The engine is everything you need to experiment with rapid development and write prototypes, unfortunate I don't see it beeing my end engine due to lack of access to low level c++ code.

The warmup concept: Google Document.

The warmup from my side looks like this: http://www.twitch.tv/mironixdevelop/c/2777926

The warmup part from michax looks like this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25801721/wm_preview_hq.mp4

In the end we didn't merged - i had to end my ludum dare at 11:59pm saturday and made a one sitting 25h of coding a 3-rd person controller with colisions, physics, changing animations according to the vector of movement, jumping and running wit free camera and a crosshair. I've didn't manage to do croaching, item drop system and inventory system with item system, The expirience was extremely fun  - especially with a bunch of ppl watching on twitch and asking questions. It allows to check Your brain database and makes You feel less stagnated and relaxed.

Not sleeping for 25h last day didn't allow my dear friend to fight the nature of sleeping. We didn't merge on his map in the end - but who knows what will be the theme of ludum dare - maybe magically we'll fit :)

I have a bunch of ideas waiting - but since the number of coders is lower then expected - we need to limit the scope. Maybe next LD? See you at the start!

No comments:

Post a Comment