Saturday, May 21, 2011

My Internet Service Provider story


Internet service providers are from a different planet. They're from a world called bureaucracy. 
You have feed them with many documents and phone calls. Their favoritebeverage is Your time and money. My story include 3 isp providers.
 Telekomunikacja Polska S.A., Dialog S.A. and Netia.

The last one is the best one ever no cable network company but still there's a lot to do. 
I've decided that I have to move. With that i had to break up the last internet deal.
It went smooth UPC is the best ISP in Poland so far. All paperwork is painless 
and quick. I have never had problems with their services, 
and they were the cheapest.

Unfortunately i couldn't stay with their offer because on the street that i was moving 
to they had no UPC weiring.

And the battle for cheap internet begun. I saw a Telekomunikacja polska box on 
the hallway. I've went to check what's their offer. It was 2x more expensive for me 
with 2x less bandwidth.
So i went to the university wifi hotspot, I've found a dialnet global offer. It was still
much more expensive than UPC, but let's face it i had no other choice. 
Dialog was supposed to give me some internet on Telekomunikacja Polska's line.
They did it, i could code again :) .

That's when the biuracracy cought me.

After 2 years of using dialnet Netia have bought rights to the line. So i went to 
dialog when my internet deal went off. Everything went ok. I've signed the
papers they made some changes in the system. Unfortunately they forgot about
one tiny detail. Dialog didn't inform Telecomunikacja Polska that the line is free.

I've signed a deal with Netia 3 months before ending the deal with Dialog.
Netia assured me that I will be out internet only for several hours. 
My internet was back after 3 months of fighting with bureaucracy.

Why?

Because of that little detail. I weren't able to free the line, I've even 
cought the number of Dialog's business process for breaking the 
deal. It didn't help. Still Dialog thought that he did everything allright.
Telekomunikacja Polska claimed that i still have internet on the line.

They don't communicate with each other! I've begged them to call 
eachother. After 2 months of infinite number of calls, signing several
deals with Netia and sending a ton of written requests for the line 
I've decided to write an e-mail to the office of consumer protection.
They were investigating for a month and dialog paid me 200 zł. 
(after several mails and one letter with my signature and account number..).

So the government did it's job well! Unbelievable but true :) .
Remember to call or write them if You have similar problems.

Why?. Because they don't communicate with Telekomunikacja Polska,
They didn't inform them that the line is free. 
The line was set free after a month. Fortunately Netia  have tested on me a
new type of technology, line on the fiber designated for that technology was free.
It went with several mistakes from them but they were learning so i don't mind it.
I haven't to pay for their mistakes.

Remember! Always ask what is done while signing, breaking and re-signing deals.
Don't do the same mistake as me. I was too patient :) . 

3 comments:

  1. I'd say cool story bro, though, i've heard that story before ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Common thing... i had to let it out:) You must be bored at work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete